Gentle Skin Care of a Newborn | Special Baby Skin Care
Created Date: 04 Jan 0 Comments
The gentle skin of a newborn is extra sensitive as compared to that of an adult and thus requires special care from parents. As the baby’s skin is more delicate and thinner, it is, therefore, more prone to irritation and infection. While bathing and moisturising your child’s skin, these can be some of the essential principles one can necessarily take care of.
· Concentrate on gentle cleansing, adequate hydration, and miniaturization of the baby’s skin.
· Prevent friction in body-folds and protect baby’s skin from exposure to irritants and bright sunlight
· Bathe the baby in the perfect temperature with lukewarm water not more than 37 degree Celsius.
· Change the diaper frequently and keep the diaper area of baby’s skin dry and rash-free.
· Use skin care products recommended especially for babies to protect them from any allergy such as fragrance-free diaper and tear-free shampoos and lotions.
· Moisturise baby’s skin especially the face while feeding them to prevent the irritation from food and
saliva as they drool.
· Choose light and soft clothes and ensure they are disinfected before you put them on your child’s body.Soft cotton proves the best.
Still, if you feel that your baby remains fussy and irritated after a bath or massage, then do visit the child doctor and find the apt reason behind it. Hope the article was informative. If you want to share anything to the list, write in comments.